Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage. Pain management is essential as even though the underlying disease process may be stable, uncontrolled pain prevents you from working productively, enjoying recreation or even taking pleasure in everyday life. Struggling through chronic pain like arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraine, headaches and muscle pain does not have to be a daily activity.
Every unique individual experiences pain that can be equally diverse. By working with a compounding pharmacist, physicians can prescribe treatments tailored specifically to your needs. Compounding provides alternate methods of delivery by combining the ingredients of traditional oral pain medications in,
- Topical gel/cream
- Spray form that can be applied directly to the site of pain
- Application sticks (varied in size)
- Tablet triturates
- Flavored/unflavored troches
Compounding medications for pain allows for,
- Unique delivery options (i.e. topical cream, troche, iontophoresis solutions); which makes administering the medication easier, more pleasant and more effective.
- Individualized medications help to maximize therapeutic outcomes while reducing side effects.
- Several medications that have been shown to have modest effects individually but when combined they form a potent and customized medication. This aids the healing process and saves your valuable time and money.